We invite you to visit. Experience the joy and comfort of our liturgy, the fun and fellowship of our vibrant, diverse faith community, and the fulfillment and peace that comes from a Christ-centered life.
Who We Are
Where faith, hope and love have been growing since 1744 in the heart of downtown Lancaster. Traditional and innovative, intergenerational and diverse, our worship inspires us to reach out and look within as we grow in faith and fellowship.
At Saint James We Believe In
- living our baptismal covenant to serve and witness to all people
- living as Episcopalians in the richness of our Anglican tradition of worship and spirituality
- trusting the Spirit of God to guide us into a deeper knowledge of grace and truth
- providing opportunities to experience the love and Word of God
- living and working in a creative partnership of laity and clergy, young and old, women and men
- being a church where children and youth are seen, heard, and involved; providing Christian education and nurture for all ages
- meeting the needs of others through ministry and outreach
- opening our doors to all and striving to be a community of true and respectful diversity
- being good stewards of our unique historical buildings and all the gifts of time, talent, and treasure committed to us