Sign-Up for Fig Weekly
Sign-up for Fig Weekly and receive weekly content that includes new blogs and features, local events, and happenings in Lancaster delivered directly to your inbox.
Get the Print Magazine
Get your own fresh Fig Lancaster delivered to your doorstep 4x a year. Be inspired by the latest trends, happenings and thoughts about a downtown Lancaster lifestyle.
Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community and advertiser events happening in downtown Lancaster.
November 29, 2017
So this Mint Oreo Grinch Mega Cake Shake…
By Tony Gorick – Digital Content Manager at Fig Industries
Lancaster Cupcake has done it again.
I was doing my usual perusing of all-things-sugar on Instagram, and lo and behold this majestic cake shake appeared. I looked once…twice…three times.
This Mint Oreo Grinch Mega Cake Shake: I. needed. it.
In a whirlwind of excitement and holiday cheer, I rushed down to the shop on Orange Street to grab one of these desserts for myself.
After waiting for it to be perfectly-crafted with each tiny sprinkle and dollop of icing, I indulged.
My play-by-play recap:
1) I order the treat. And attempt to wait patiently.
2) A cupcake on top AND a milkshake?! #ForgetLunch #ThisIsLunch
2) I try it. The mint shake with the peppermint cupcake on top is pure holiday bliss. It isn’t December yet but Christmas is here! *Sugar plums dance around my head*
3) I must be a celebrity—everyone keeps staring as I walk back to work. Nope, they just want to know where this treat was purchased. I kindly point in the direction of Lancaster Cupcake (still hoping they wanted my autograph but, alas, they do not).
4) This cup is giant and full of everything I love: sugar, ice cream, icing, sprinkles, and crunchy peppermint candies. Also Christmas fun. It’s quite full of Christmas fun.
5) I finish it. And it was incredible. Now, with empty mug in hand, I am ready to take on the holiday season.