Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community events happening in Downtown Lancaster.
November 29, 2017
So this Mint Oreo Grinch Mega Cake Shake…
By Tony Gorick – Digital Content Manager at Fig Industries
Lancaster Cupcake has done it again.
I was doing my usual perusing of all-things-sugar on Instagram, and lo and behold this majestic cake shake appeared. I looked once…twice…three times.
This Mint Oreo Grinch Mega Cake Shake: I. needed. it.
In a whirlwind of excitement and holiday cheer, I rushed down to the shop on Orange Street to grab one of these desserts for myself.
After waiting for it to be perfectly-crafted with each tiny sprinkle and dollop of icing, I indulged.
My play-by-play recap:
1) I order the treat. And attempt to wait patiently.
2) A cupcake on top AND a milkshake?! #ForgetLunch #ThisIsLunch
2) I try it. The mint shake with the peppermint cupcake on top is pure holiday bliss. It isn’t December yet but Christmas is here! *Sugar plums dance around my head*
3) I must be a celebrity—everyone keeps staring as I walk back to work. Nope, they just want to know where this treat was purchased. I kindly point in the direction of Lancaster Cupcake (still hoping they wanted my autograph but, alas, they do not).
4) This cup is giant and full of everything I love: sugar, ice cream, icing, sprinkles, and crunchy peppermint candies. Also Christmas fun. It’s quite full of Christmas fun.
5) I finish it. And it was incredible. Now, with empty mug in hand, I am ready to take on the holiday season.