Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community events happening in Downtown Lancaster.
October 12, 2017
Tailgating Tips from Details & Pappagallo
We chatted with Sara Tuscher from Details & Pappagallo about all the tips you need to make your tailgating season the best yet. From food to fashion, she has it covered! Read our interview below and get ready to rock your tailgating party.
Fig: What are some top trends for tailgating this fall?
Sara: Here at Details & Pappagallo, we love crisp fall days celebrating our favorite sports teams. Whether the occasion is the kids’ soccer tournament, a college reunion game, or even Sunday Night Football, there is nothing like the comradery and excitement of a good game! Some popular trends this fall to incorporate into your tailgate are plaid (it remains a strong trend this season!), marble (it’s making a big comeback), and embroidered pieces (especially embroidered denim!).
Fig: What specifics items do you have that would be perfect for tailgating events?
Sara: At Details we have:
- We have Picnic Time products: rolling coolers, picnic baskets and totes, beer and wine caddys, cheese boards with built-in tools, fold-and-go cornhole sets.
- We have Le Cadeaux items: melamine plateware, glasses and serving ware
- We love these items from Goverre: spill-free, durable stemless wine glasses with lids.
- Also, don’t’ forget our assortment of Stylish Paper Plates/Napkins!
At Pappagallo we have:
- Denim – classic, all shapes and styles, colored, embellished, distressed. We have a lot of denim!
- Lightweight Jackets and sweaters in a variety of textures and lengths.
- Crossbody bags, clutches and backpacks.
Fig: What are some tips you have for tailgating season overall?
Sara: Our biggest advice for tailgating in style is to keep it simple – you’re there to enjoy the atmosphere, the game, and your company! You do not want to miss half of the event setting up or cleaning up. Here are our tips for keeping the event hassle-free:
- Choose food and drink that are easy to make and serve. If it’s a large group, consider a potluck style event.
- Make it easy on yourself by having organized totes, spill and shatter-proof dinnerware, and collapsible tables and chairs to quickly break down and go.
- Instead of worrying about forgetting your handbag somewhere, store your belongings in a chic leather backpack or studded crossbody bag.
- Consider the weather and layer up! Outdoor celebrations in Pennsylvania can not only be unpredictable, weather-wise, but can also start before the heat of the day or go well after the sun goes down. Layering your clothes makes it easy to add or remove a piece to adjust for the day’s weather.
Fig: What are you most looking forward to during tailgating season?
Sara: The food! Pigs in a blanket, nachos, pretzels, buffalo chicken dip … tailgating is cause for the ultimate party food. If you’re struggling with the event menu, go for the classic trio – something sweet, something savory and something salty.
If you really want to ramp up your tailgating style, pick a theme for the occasion! There is always the classic ‘your team is your theme’ in which you deck out your tailgate in your team colors. Take it a step further by making themed food and drink, in addition to color-coordinated tablecloths and dinnerware. Try a green cocktail to celebrate the Eagles, or all yellow foods for the big Steelers game.
If you want to do something different, consider the people attending – if it’s a reunion game, turn on the time machine and decorate like you were still in school.
Another way to set your tailgate celebration apart is to add a few luxurious accents into your event. Try laying out an old rug in front of your trunk or tailgate, or add flowers in vases to the dining spread. This look makes the event feel more intimate and cozy.
We love coming up with fun ideas for whatever the occasion is and are always here to help you brainstorm! Stop in and let us help you find your style for gameday.