Sign-Up for Fig Weekly
Sign-up for Fig Weekly and receive weekly content that includes new blogs and features, local events, and happenings in Lancaster delivered directly to your inbox.
Get the Print Magazine
Get your own fresh Fig Lancaster delivered to your doorstep 4x a year. Be inspired by the latest trends, happenings and thoughts about a downtown Lancaster lifestyle.
Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community and advertiser events happening in downtown Lancaster.
Summer is the perfect season to kick back, relax, attend fun events and try new things—with that said, you certainly won’t want to miss Lancaster City’s first Independent Retail Week July 15 – 21!
Within the past decade, our city saw the growth of approximately 58 retail businesses, and hosting an Independent Retail Week in July, which is Independent Retailer Month, seemed like the perfect opportunity to celebrate our flourishing retail scene. A driving force in Lancaster for centuries, the local retail community houses many new and long-standing independently-owned businesses.
Grab a friend and hit our city’s streets to peruse over 70 participating independent retail stores, each offering a special promotion or deal to bring you the opportunity to explore even more of Lancaster. Sweeten your summer with some fun, new products without breaking the bank!
Discover clothing, accessories, handmade goods, local arts and crafts and hidden gems as you venture through Downtown Lancaster for the week. Modeled after Lancaster City’s Restaurant Week, Lancaster City Indie Retail Week (LCIRW) will feature sales on items for everyone, no matter your preferences.
Check out a few of the promotions you can expect to find during LCIRW!
- The Scarlet Willow 320 N. Queen St.
- Select items on sale.
- Redeux Vintage 17 N Prince St.
- Free Palo Santo with a purchase of $25 or more.
- BUiLDiNG CHARACTER 342 N. Queen St.
- For every $50 spent during LCIRW, shoppers will receive a $5 BC Bucks gift card to use in August.
- Receive parking validation with a $25 purchase.
- Enjoy live music from 6:30 – 8:30 pm on Friday, July 12th.
- Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen 335 N. Queen St.
- $25 off a 1 year Craftsmen membership and 10% off of merchandise in the Guild store.
- Freiman Stoltzfus 142 N. Prince St.
- On Thursday, July 18, get a free bar of vegan soap with any purchase and enjoy 50% off jewelry.
- On Friday and Saturday, July 19 – 20, enjoy live music between 6 – 8 pm.
- Free vegan body product samples all week long!
- Red Raven Art Company 138 N. Prince St.
- 20% off unframed Fine Art Prints on paper.
- Lancaster Galleries 34 N. Water St.
- Free unframed Lanc Co Poster to the first 10 people who tell us, “We Support Indie Week.”
- 10% off all framing orders for those who tell us, “We Support Indie Week.” Valid during Indie Week.
Home & Interior
- Penn Stone 190 W. Ross St.
- Save 20-30% off in-stock furniture, umbrellas, containers, and statuary.
- Space 24 W. Walnut St.
- Happy Hour cocktails served and 15% off your entire purchase from 5 – 8 pm on July 19 & 20.
- Radel & Stauffer 332 N. Queen St.
- Mention “Indie Retail” at checkout and get 20% off your purchase.
Food & Drink
- The Spice & Tea Exchange 20 W. Orange St.
- On Monday – Friday, July 15 – 19, enjoy 1/2 price tea to go.
- On Saturday, July 20, enjoy 10% off all grinders and flip tops.
- On Sunday, July 21, enjoy 10% off all Teapots.
- Enter our raffle to win a basket worth $100.00 all week long!
- Miesse Candies 118 N. Market St.
- $2 off purchase of $10 or more.
- HUBUB World Market 257 W. King St.
- Free order of Mikate (fried banana dough ball) with purchase of a small fresh-squeezed lemonade or sorrel (a refreshing hibiscus tea).
- j.a. Sharp Custom Jeweler 322 N. Queen St.
- 4 oz. jar of Connoisseurs jewelry cleaner with purchase, while supplies last.
- Madcap & Co. 310 N. Queen St.
- Parking validation with $25 purchase.
- On Wednesday, July 17, 20% of the day’s sales will be donated to Power Packs Project, a Lancaster food and nutrition program for school children and their families.
- On Friday night, July 19, enjoy live music between 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
- For every $50 spent during LCIRW, shoppers will receive a $5 Mad Money gift card to use in August.
- Winding Way Books 118 W. Chestnut St, 2nd Floor
- 10% off when you mention Lancaster PRIDE.
These deals only scratch the surface of what LCIRW has to offer! With 70+ independent retailers participating in this year’s inaugural event, there’s sure to be a sale or two that suits your fancy.
To check out the full list of participating stores and find out more about the week’s festivities, head to lancindieretail.com.