Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community events happening in Downtown Lancaster.
May 11, 2021
The Women’s Specialty Center at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
Envision a place specifically designed for women’s health-care needs. A nurturing space where women come first and compassionate experts are right there to offer care for everything from anxiety and osteoporosis to menopause and heart disease.
This was Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health’s vision in creating the Women’s Specialty Center, a unique health-care experience just for women. Located in the medical office building at Women & Babies Hospital, the Center features eight specialties—all in one convenient, welcoming suite.
“Women are pulled in so many directions, from careers and household responsibilities to the needs of growing children and aging parents, often not making their own health care a priority,” says Dr. Christine Stabler, Medical Director of Women’s Health and a physician at Women’s Internal Medicine. “We offer a supportive and comfortable environment where every staff member is committed to helping women confidently address their total health—body, mind and spirit.”
A Center Unlike Any Other in Lancaster County
“Our doctors and advanced practice providers—all members of the medical staff at Lancaster General Health—collaborate with each other, and with others outside the Center when needed, to ensure each woman receives the personalized care she deserves,” adds Dr. Stabler.
Specialties offered at the Center are those that women most often seek:
- Women’s Internal Medicine: Primary care—prevention, diagnosis and treatment—exclusively for adult women 18 years of age and older, from female physicians.
- Urogynecology: The latest surgical and non-surgical treatments for pelvic floor disorders, including urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.
- Behavioral Health: Compassionate counseling and psychiatric care for depression, substance abuse, relationship issues, loss and stress.
- Cardiology: Heart disease prevention and treatment from The Heart Group of Lancaster General Health.
- Cosmetic Services at the Cosmetic Rejuvenation Clinic: Consults, Botox treatments, and filler injections.
- Gastroenterology: Care for digestive health, including colonoscopies to screen for colon cancer.
- Holistic Therapies: Massage and acupuncture to support a balanced state of being.
- Rheumatology: Personalized treatment plans addressing arthritis and other disorders of the muscles, joints and bones.
A Nurse Navigator Offers Additional Support
With all of the plates women are already spinning, scheduling appointments and gathering referrals can be just one more stressor. That’s where the nurse navigator at the Women’s Specialty Center comes in.
Not only is Phyllis Hennessy, BSN, RN, a nurse with special expertise in women’s health, she is also an expert plate spinner, available to support patients.
“Whether it’s an appointment at the Center or a referral to another location, my goal is to make care as seamless as possible,” says Phyllis. “I also love to help women set wellness goals that keep them feeling and looking their best. There’s nothing like seeing a woman’s relaxed and grateful smile when she knows she has a team she trusts walking beside her through the physical and emotional ups and downs of life.”
Interested in learning more about the Women’s Specialty Center, including how to schedule an appointment? Check out LGHealth.org/WSC.
Women’s Specialty Center
690 Good Drive, 2nd Floor
Lancaster, PA 17601