Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community events happening in Downtown Lancaster.
October 22, 2021
Elizabethtown College Launches 2021-22 Lecture Series
Elizabethtown College will host five dynamic speakers this year as a part of its new 2021-22 Lecture Series. President Cecilia M. McCormick, J.D. invites the public to join the Etown community as the institution continues its rich tradition of hosting speakers on campus who provide audiences with the opportunity to be enlightened, engaged, and entertained.
The speakers of the 2021-22 Lecture Series include:
- Elizabeth Smart, Abduction Survivor and Founder of the Elizabeth Smart Foundation
- Michael Eric Dyson, MSNBC Political Analyst, Former NPR Host, and Best Selling Author
- Robert D. Ballard, Founder and President of the Ocean Exploration and Discoverer of R.M.S Titanic
- Jim Collins, Internationally Recognized Thought Leader and Best Selling Author
- Karima Bennoune, Longtime Human Rights Advocate and Former Amnesty International Legal Advisor
These internationally-known speakers offer a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds, and knowledge and aim to provide interesting and insightful discussions to the central Pennsylvania community.
The series begins on Thursday, November 11 at 7:30 p.m. with Elizabeth Smart, Abduction Survivor and Founder of the Elizabeth Smart Foundation, telling her incredible story that fronted the headlines while the entire country embraced for her safe return.
Next, the College welcomes Michael Eric Dyson, a MSNBC Political Analyst, former NPR Host, and best selling author on Thursday, December 2 at 7:30 p.m. followed by the Discoverer of R.M.S Titanic Robert D. Ballard on Wednesday, February 16 at 7:30 p.m. The series rounds out with best-selling author Jim Collins on Wednesday, March 30 at 7:30 p.m., and Longtime Human Rights Advocate and Former Amnesty International Legal Advisor, Karima Bennoune on Wednesday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m.
All lectures will be held at Leffler Chapel and Performance Center on Elizabethtown College’s campus excluding the Jim Collins lecture, which will be held at the Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square in collaboration with the S. Dale High Center for Family Business.
As a leading institution in Pennsylvania, Elizabethtown College seeks to engage and connect with the community to provide a night out centered around educational and entertaining programming.
To reserve your seats, the Lecture Series can be purchased through several subscription packages:
- Full Subscription: $355 *Attend all five lectures. (Package includes a reception and dinner prior to the Jim Collins lecture.)
- Partial Subscription: $195 *Choose any three lectures. (An additional $110 reception and dinner fee will be added if the Jim Collins lecture is selected hosted by The High Center.)
- Single Lecture Ticket: $85 *Single lecture tickets will go on sale starting one week prior to each lecture.
You may view additional details about the series and speakers at etown.edu.