Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community events happening in Downtown Lancaster.
November 10, 2023
Shop local in Lancaster City for the holidays
Make your list and grab your walking shoes—it’s time to set out on a shop-local journey and spread some holiday cheer along the way as you support local Lancaster City retailers this holiday season.
The 2023 Lancaster City Holiday Retail Trail was created by Fig to encourage everyone to support small businesses this holiday season in partnership with City of Lancaster, Discover Lancaster, Fulton Bank, and Willow Valley Communities.
WHERE TO FIND THE GUIDE
- In the winter issue of Fig
- In the November 10 edition of LNP
- At the Welcome Center in Lancaster City
- At the Discover Lancaster Visitors Center
Can’t find it? You can download and print your Retail Trail here.
HOW IT WORKS
Bring your printed guide along as you do your holiday shopping around Lancaster City. At participating stores, ask for a sticker to place on one of 12 circles on your Retail Trail. When you gather all 12 stickers, take your guide to Miesse Candies at 118 North Water Street to redeem for a delicious chocolate elf through December 23.
Select local businesses will have a hidden elf on a shelf. If you find it, take a picture for a chance to win brand new Fig merch. Tag @figlancaster in your photos to enter, and you may also get featured on Fig Lancaster’s Instagram!
PLAN YOUR ROUTE
Find giftable items and get your trail stickers at participating retailers across Lancaster City. Look for these festive ground decals at participating stores for an extra special season of gifting this year.
- AK Interiors | 246 West Orange Street
- AnnAnna Creative Cove | 50 North Queen Street
- Art & Glassworks | 319 North Queen Street
- Barrick Candles | 541 North Mulberry Street
- Basura | 106 East King Street
- BeadWorks | 52 North Queen Street
- Bed & Bath Affair | 641 Harrisburg Avenue
- BellaBoo | 32 North Queen Street
- Best Celebrations and More | 14 South Duke Street
- BUiLDiNG CHARACTER | 342 North Queen Street
- Built Supplements | 345 North Queen Street
- Central Market Flowers | 258 North Queen Street & 5 West King Street
- Charlotte Shoppe | 32 West King Street
- CI Records & Skates | 112 West Orange Street
- The Comic Store | 28 McGovern Avenue
- The Common Wheel | 324 North Queen Street
- A Concrete Rose | 910 South Duke Street
- curio. Gallery & Creative Supply | 106 West Chestnut Street
- David Lyall Home & Design | 241 North Prince Street
- A Day In The Life Records | 24A West Walnut Street
- Deerfoot Downtown | 348 North Queen Street
- Details | 30 North Queen Street
- DogStar Books | 401 West Lemon Street
- Dreaming Human | 154 North Prince Street
- Drøm | 305 North Queen Street
- Ellicott & Co. | 45 North Market Street
- Ellister’s Elixirs | 332 North Queen Street
- EsoArts | 317 North Queen Street
- FARBO Co | 9 West Grant Street
- Fern.ish Home | 690 North Charlotte Street
- Filling’s | 681 Harrisburg Avenue
- Foxduck | 11 West King Street
- The Framing Concept | 328 North Queen Street
- Freiman Stoltzfus Gallery | 142 North Prince Street
- Friendship Heart Gallery & Studio | 118 North Water Street
- Gallery Grow Plant Bar | 150 North Prince Street
- Gallery on Market | 15 West King Street
- The Gem Den | 50 North Queen Street
- Hamilton Watch Company | 149 North Duke Street
- Hempfield Apothetique | 100 West Walnut Street
- Hush Money Bikes | 414 North Mary Street
- J.A. Sharp Custom Jeweler | 322 North Queen Street
- J.Hilburn Studio | 34 North Queen Street
- Karen Anderer Fine Art | 146 North Prince Street
- Lancaster Galleries | 34 North Water Street
- Lancaster Gift Box | 317 North Queen Street
- Lancaster Pickle Company | 318 North Queen Street
- Land and Sea | 220 Hazel Street
- Larkstone | 213 West King Street
- Laura Z Tai Fine Jewelry and Watches | 101 North Queen Street
- Let’s Roll | 23 East Walnut Street
- Liz Hess Gallery | 140 North Prince Street
- Madcap & Co. | 310 North Queen Street
- Marshall Street Bookstore | 225 North Marshall Street
- Miesse Candies & Ice Cream | 118 North Water Street
- Nicole Taylor Boutique | 325 North Queen Street
- Nooks | 112 North Prince Street
- Norbu Fine Jewelry | 38 North Christian Street
- Pappagallo | 28 West Orange Street
- PAVAA Gallery | 632 North Christian Street
- Penn Stone | 190 West Ross Street
- Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen | 335 North Queen Street
- Pocket Books Shop | 903 Wheatland Avenue
- The Pop-Up Shop | 354 North Queen Street
- Puff ‘N Stuff | 121 East Chestnut Street
- Purse-N-Ality | 217 East King Street
- Radiance | 13 West Grant Street
- Read Rose Books | 23 North Prince Street
- Ream Jewelers | 58 North Queen Street
- Reboant | 101 North Queen Street
- Red Raven Art Company | 138 North Prince Street
- Redeux Vintage | 323 North Queen Street
- RichStitch | 42 West King Street
- The Scarlet Willow | 320 North Queen Street
- Seasons Olive Oil & Vinegar Taproom | 36 West King Street
- Space | 24 West Walnut Street
- The Spice & Tea Exchange | 20 West Orange Street
- Stan’s Record Bar | 48 North Prince Street
- Sweetish Candy | 301 North Queen Street
- Telltale Dress | 334 North Queen Street
- Truth & Style | 157B East King Street
- Ville & Rue | 8 West King Street
- Vine Bar | 237 North Prince Street
- Vintage Candy Shop | 38 West King Street
- Zanzibar | 21 West King Street
JUST FOR FUN EVENTS
Plan your shopping trips around these city events:
Spend Black Friday shopping local before joining Mayor Sorace in Penn Square for the annual Tree Lighting on November 24.
Rest your feet after a day of collecting stickers with a drive through the lights at Clipper Magazine Stadium from November 24 to December 31.
End your route at Ewell Plaza with Tuba Christmas, a Lancaster City holiday favorite returning December 1.
A community event for all, attend the Menorah Lightings in Penn Square each night from December 7–14.
Shop for unique gifts from local makers at the first-ever holiday Art Market at Ewell Plaza on December 8, where artists will be hosting pop-up gifting stops.
Make your way southeast on your sticker-collecting journey to end the day at the annual Light Up Southeast celebration.
Spend the day buying local in Lancaster City on December 8, 9, and 16, and you may spot Santa spreading holiday cheer.