Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community events happening in Downtown Lancaster.
The Fig Tree
Fig Industries has been on a mission for nearly two decades to celebrate entrepreneurs and contribute to the vitality of Lancaster City through the small magazine with a big heart called Fig.
To expand our mission, Fig has partnered with our friends at Lancaster County Community Foundation to plant The Fig Tree, a Donor Advised Fund that will award grants each year to support small business owners so new ideas can take root and grow, and Lancaster City can continue to thrive. These grants will boost improvements, expansions, and innovations.
It’s our way of leaving a legacy of support and encouragement for small business owners, to help ensure the Lancaster City small business community continues to thrive, and to provide a way for other businesses and individuals (like you) to get involved.
At Fig Industries, we believe every business, even a small one like ours, has the power to have a positive impact on their community.
Your tax-deductible donation will go through the Community Foundation to benefit small business owners. Grants will be determined by a community panel and will be awarded each fall starting in 2024. You can give directly here.
Stay tuned for updates as The Fig Tree grows!
Apply for a Fig Tree Grant
If you own a small business in Lancaster City and have big plans to grow, apply for a Fig Tree grant. Grant applications open in March with grants being awarded each November in the winter edition of Fig. Grantees will be determined by an independent community panel based on answers to a short list of questions.
Fig Tree Facts
- Grant Amount: $5,000 each
- Number of Annual Grants: 2-10 (based on amount of community support)
- Fund Partner: Lancaster County Community Foundation
- Fiduciary: Lancaster City Alliance
- Must be within Lancaster City limits
- Must have a physical location
- Must have 1-5 years in business
- Must have revenue of under $2 million annually
- Must use funds for improvements, innovative new ideas, or expansion
Annual Grant Cycle
- Grant cycle opens March 1
- Applications due May 1
- Grantees awarded September 1
- Grantees announced in the November issue of Fig