Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community events happening in Downtown Lancaster.
June 2, 2022
Shaken, swirled & sipped
Lancaster City is located in the heart of beautiful Lancaster County—a national destination for good food, rolling farmland, and family adventures. There’s so much goodness waiting to be discovered around every corner, so grab a few friends and make some memories. Curious what Lancaster has to offer for a summer of craft sipping? We’ve got it right here. In collaboration with Discover Lancaster, we invited Kylie, our Digital Content Intern, and two friends to take a tour of Lancaster wine, beer, and cocktail experiences that are definitely worth a stop this summer.
Waltz Vineyard Estate Winery
Tucked on a hillside in Manheim, PA, the Waltz family is preserving a legacy of wine making and sharing their craft with Lancaster County. For our wine stop, Waltz Vineyards was the perfect spot for a sunny day to enjoy the view of the vineyard and Lancaster County farmland. For our tasting, we got a list of 13 wines with information about flavor notes and food pairings. After picking five different wines, served in beakers as a flight at the table, we rated each one as we worked our way from whites to reds and even grabbed a bottle of our favorite on the way out.
1599 Old Line Road, Manheim | waltzvineyards.com
What We Loved
- The Sauvignon Blanc 2021—crisp and refreshing, this is the perfect wine for summer!
- Waltz offers a selection of local cheeses to enjoy during the tasting. We opted for cheddar and gouda cheeses that paired flawlessly.
- We loved that everything about the experience was local, from the location of the vineyard to the wine we enjoyed to the paired snacks. P.S. Find a seat in the summer on the estate lawn!
Isaac’s Brewhouse in Downtown Lancaster is a great spot to grab dinner on a weeknight or stop in for a drink on the weekend. For our brew tour, we enjoyed three courses paired with Isaac’s very own draft beers: Isaac’s German-style pilsner, Hartman’s Heroes paired with a bowl of cheddar broccoli soup; Isaac’s Belgian-style witbier aged on blueberries paired perfectly with the Sonoma salad; and Isaac’s American amber, the Dutch Ambler Rambler, paired with the Mallard sandwich— piled with roast beef, bacon, cheddar cheese, and mushrooms on a pretzel roll. Each course was intentional and elevated the delicious flavors of both the beer and the food.
25 North Queen Street, Lancaster | isaacsrestaurants.com
What We Loved
- Each beer has a witty name and a story behind it. We got to meet brewmaster Alex, who knows so much about each brew. He has carefully orchestrated the flavors in each beer on tap.
- You can’t go wrong with a big bowl of Isaac’s famous pickle salad. Don’t mess with a classic!
Conway Social Club
Conway Social Club is located above Annie Bailey’s Irish Public House in Lancaster City. With its speakeasy atmosphere, it is a unique spot to add to your downtown dining rotation. When we arrived at Conway Social Club for our cocktail stop, we knocked on the door before someone let us in and led us upstairs into the quiet and low-lit atmosphere. The space and the beautifully crafted drinks and unique garnishes made us feel like we had been transported into another world.
28 East King Street, Lancaster | conwaysocialclub.com
What We Loved
- The drink menu is extensive! Each drink has a creative name and presentation style to match. Our favorite drinks were the Canopy Hammock, the Absinthe and Apricot, and the Midnight Polo.
- We enjoyed the cheese plate to start, loaded with delicious local cheese and preserves, and the ribeye with roasted garlic, sautéed onions and mushrooms, and roasted potatoes—YUM!
Discover even more Lancaster County summer fun at these food & drink events rounded up by Discover Lancaster.
Wine & Cheese Train, Strasburg Rail Road
Wine by the Vine Summer Music Series, Grandview Vineyards
Music in the Vineyards, Nissley Vineyards
Lancaster VegFest, Buchanan Park
Strawberry Festival, Barnyard Kingdom
Celebrate Lancaster, Lancaster City
Mount Hope BrewFest, Mount Hope Estate
Lititz Fourth of July, Lititz
Roots & Blues Festival, Lancaster City
Sweet Corn Festival, Cherry Crest Adventure Farm
Yummies Birthday Bash, Kitchen Kettle Village
Elizabethtown Fair, Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
Sunflower Festival, Barnyard Kingdom
Discover Lancaster is the official destination marketing organization for Lancaster County, working with more than 500 industry partners to generate almost $3 billion in economic impact through tourism.